Thursday 18 December 2008

18 Dec -- Twiddling My Thumbs

Nothing like a toddler who won't go to sleep to make you kick back and do nothing during the evenings!

Charlie has been delaying bedtime for a week or so now. He's gotten good. He's quiet, he stays near his door, and he obeys when we walk him back to his bed and then he ever so persistently gets out of bed and comes to the doorway again. This goes on from about 7:15, when we put him to bed, until 8:30-9pm.

I try to keep things as quiet as possible. I avoid dishes, mopping, going past his doorway on any errand. It's actually not a bad thing. I have a great excuse not to clean the house in the evenings, since I don't want to keep him awake with my noise or actions.

So tonight, I'm sipping my sleepytime tea from my tea cup that I won at the coffee this morning, watching "Little Women" on TV and occasionally getting up to lead my son back to his bed. Hey, it's better than doing laundry, anyday!

No comments: