Friday 14 November 2008

14 Nov -- It's Friday Night, Do You Know Where Your Children Are?

Mine aren't sleeping, that much I do know. The last 2 dates that Dan and I have attempted have ended early due to children that won't stop crying. Jane has forced 2 babysitters to call us early (once we didn't even make it to the restaurant). Then, tonight as our babysitter was leaving, Charlie came out of his room all sly and smile-y. Unfortunately putting him back to bed was not as easy as our regular bedtime routine is. Tears immediately came to head when I reminded him that it is past his bedtime. Currently I hear him bawling in bed (although I'm lucky in that he stays in his bed).

Needless to say this was not the way our evenings are supposed to end. Usually our kids are in bed by 7PM and we have a quiet evening to ourselves uninterrupted. It seems they sense when we are planning anything that doesn't involve them and decide that's the time to act up.

Oh, well, guess this gives me time to clean the bathrooms and fold some wrinkly laundry. Oh, how my Friday nights have changed...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It's friday? we typically take turns going out with our friends because noone will babysit 4 kids. LOL. Cheers!