Saturday 3 July 2010

3 Jul -- Why did the chicken cross the road...


To thaw in my car's trunk.

I woke up this morning at 3:00 to feed Henry. I felt really good because it was the first time in a long time that he missed the 1AM feeding. I checked the big kids and laid back down. Then as I thought of my morning coffee (yes, I couldn't quit the habit even after the Fly in my Cup incident) and realized that the milk I'd bought to pour into my coffee was still in the trunk of my car from yesterday's shopping trip. Along with a 4lb bag of frozen chicken that I bought because it was on sale.

I spent the next 20 minutes cleaning sticky chicken juice from my floorboard and the spare tire area in my trunk. It still smelled this morning, so I cleaned it again. Please say a little prayer that my car isn't permanently going to smell of fermenting chicken. And please say a prayer that I find my brain soon.

No comments: