Saturday 19 December 2009

19 Dec -- Paris: Notre Dame and the Sacre Coeur

On our last day, we got an early start and headed over to Notre Dame and then the Sacre Coeur.

Charlie struttin' his stuff.



I was feeding Charlie like he was a pigeon. Charlie loves the "Pigeon" book series (and so would you if you read them). Despite seeing a ton of pigeons in Paris, Charlie said, "Those are not pigeons; only birds."

At the bottom of the Sacre Coeur.

Fortunately, we found a ramp for the return to the bottom.

The view from the top was awesome.

Charlie loved the funicular (or an inclined railway) that saved us from having to climb the 225 steps with a stroller.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I am sorry to report I do not care for the Pigeon series. I am, however, a big fan of Paree. Also your Christmas cards.

Unknown said...

Loved all your pictures of Paris. They reminded me of our trip 9 years ago for Sophie and Peter's wedding. I love Paris. Mom loved that trip so much.!

Unknown said...

I have never heard of the Pigeon books. Must check them out.