Thursday 3 September 2009

Labor Day

Labor Day

In honor of the upcoming Labor Day weekend, I'll tell you about mine. Thanks to Rocks in My Dryer.

How long were your labors?

Charlie: 19 Hours, 20 minutes,

Jane: Scheduled C-section, In the OR at 1PM, delivered at 1:35pm

How did you know you were in labor?

My water broke at 9PM on Friday night with Charlie. We hung out and finished watching a Red Sox game, Dan talked to his brother and we took the dogs for a walk...then we went to the hospital.

Never labored with Jane.

Where did you deliver?

Charlie was born in Ft. Bragg, NC at Womack Army Medical Center.

Jane was born in Seoul, S. Korea at the 121 Combat Hospital.

Drugs?

With Charlie I went 13 hours (9 on Pitocin) before succumbing to the glory of the epidural.

With Jane it was a spinal and I puked violently for hours afterwards.

C-section?

Not with Charlie, but with Jane.

Who delivered?

A super nice midwife with new sneakers that were in danger of being soiled caught Charlie for me.

A very nice doctor with dark, curly hair who was going to a concert the next day retrieved Jane for me.


If you want to play along with this, just cut and paste the questions into your own blog, and leave a comment so we can find you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Copied and pasted to bradyksplace.blogspot.com