Sunday 27 July 2008

27 Jul -- Charlie's *Gulp* Haircut

So I took the kids to church this morning and during the service I looked down at Charlie's hair and it looks absolutely awful and shaggy. No problem, I said to myself, I'll give him a haircut this afternoon. I've only cut his hair without Dan's help one other time. It wasn't too awful, but I'd just used scissors. This time I decided to try out the clippers...hrmmm. I plopped him in front of the movie Cars and threatened to turn it off when he looked at me and the clippers dubiously. Turns out, he was right to doubt my skill level. Here are some pictures from the aftermath. He kept running away from me as I was trying to take the pictures, obviously horrified that I would want to document such a thing. I will try to get better ones tomorrow when he's forgiven me for my actions. I didn't touch the front of his hair too much in the hopes that Dan can repair my mess when he returns next weekend.

On a side note, we were sitting in church and Charlie was doing amazingly well. We got to the last hymn and all of the sudden he just starts belting out gibberish singing like "Rejoice, the Lord is King" was his favorite hymn of all time. He was fabulous with the whispering, but we need to work on the sitting still. The boy must have had ants in his pants the whole time!

Uh, what are you doing, Mama?


Don't look at me!! (And yes, that's a line on his head and no it's not intentional)


You can run, but you can't hide!


Seriously, Mama, put the clippers down and walk away very slowly...

No comments: